Tuesday, May 27, 2008
It's tag day. Terri started it on Saturday.
She tagged all us killer hobbyists. When I'm tagged through an email I delete the message. But she didn't leave me much choice, going public like that. So, here goes.
What were you doing ten years ago?
Ten years ago was eleven books ago and still no movie based on those novels, starring Meryl Streep and Al Pacino, for example. That's depressing.
What are five things on your to-do list today?
1. Pack for a trip to Boston and my umptieth college reunion. Without telling you the number of years, I'll mention that dinner for whoever is left of my class is on the house.
2. Write the Killerhobbies newsletter – sign up by moving your cursor over there to the right! We have a great interview with our newest blogger, Betty Hechtman, author of "Hooked on Murder: A Crochet Mystery."
3. Check in with my online students in Science and Cultural Change and try to figure out if Gan, who lives in Singapore, is a girl or a boy.
4. Finish the review of the copyedit of "Malice in Miniature," book three in this series. Did you know that wineglass is one word; bread basket is two? Backseat is one word, but front seat is two. There's a hyphen in fund-raiser, but none in monkeypod tree. I'll never learn.
5. Plan my Oscar outfit just in case that movie gets made. I'm thinking black chiffon.
What snacks do you enjoy?
Carrot sticks, sunflower seeds, and raw cauliflower. This is fiction, right?
What are three of your bad habits?
I usually break the continuity of chain letters, uplifting mass mailings, and tags.
What would you do if you were a billionaire?
I am a billionaire and I'm doing exactly what I want. (See "snacks.")
That was more fun than I thought. Thanks, Terri. Anyone else out there want to be tagged?