Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Work of Art for My Ezine


I send out an ezine (an online magazine) quarterly at least, and I'm trying to send it out bimonthly. It's always a lot of work, but it's work that I enjoy, and the discipline of sending it out keeps me exploring new ideas.


The ezine always includes freebies--downloadable art or patterns. Plus, a layout or two, and a project.


Recently I saw an online tutorial in how to use colored markers. I was inspired by the blended color effects the instructor could get, but I still am, um, colored marker challenged. They are typically too dark for me to use well.


However, I love water-color pencils. I like how fluid they are, and how well I can shade with them. Most often, I sketch the design in pencil, color with the water-color pencils, let the image dry, and go back over it with regular colored pencils and pens.


Here's one of the images I created this weekend, a black cat. I hope you like him! If you want me to send you the Adobe file, email me at savetales@aol.com and put CAT in the subject line. I think he's perfect for use on a Halloween page or a Halloween card.


What do you think? Is he the cat's meow?

That said, I wanted to create some seasonal images because I'm getting together

3 comments:

Monica Ferris said...

Sometimes I try to get creative and blow it. For example, I had this very cute idea of taking the little bits of leftover chicken fabric and making a chicken out of them, a little red for the comb and wattles, blue-green for the nect feathers, a stripey pattern for the wing, etc. I thought to use the zig-zag on my sewing maching to put it all together. But it didn't work, the zig-zag take a more delicate touch than I have. So then I thought I'd stitch it together, but it slid around and the shape got all wrong. So I bought some fuse fabric and fused the pieces with a hot iron onto a piece of cloth, which I cut out and am now stitching with bold black lines onto the aida cloth. It's not great, but at least it's good. I'll post a picture when I finish. And next time, I'll stick to cross stitch or needlepoint.

Joanna Campbell Slan said...

Monica,

My sister is an art teacher. She's always telling me "there are no mistakes," and I try to do as you did to figure out what to do with what I did.

I would like to see a photo of your chicken.

MALIK IMRAN AWAN said...

´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´¶´´´¶¶
´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´¶¶´¶¶
´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶
´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶
´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´¶¶
´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶
´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶
´´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´¶
´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶
´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶
´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶´¶´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´´¶
´¶´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶´´´´¶
´¶´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´¶¶´´¶´´´´¶
´´¶´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶´¶´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´¶
´´¶¶´´´´´´´¶´´´´´¶´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´¶¶
´´´¶¶´´´´´´¶´´´´¶´´´´¶¶¶¶´´´´´¶
´´´´¶´´´´´´¶´´´¶´´´´´¶´´´´´´´¶
´´´´¶´´´´´´¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´¶´´¶¶
´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶´´¶
´´´´´¶¶¶´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´¶
´´´´´´´´¶¶¶´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´¶¶
´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶´
´´´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´¶¶´¶
´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´¶´¶¶
´´´´´´´´´¶´´¶¶´´´´´¶´´´¶
´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶´¶´´´´´´´¶´´¶´
´´¶¶´´´¶¶¶¶´¶´´´´´´¶´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
´´¶¶´´´´´´¶¶¶¶´´´´´¶´¶¶´´´´´¶¶
´´¶´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´¶
´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´¶´´´¶´´´´´´´´´´¶
´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶




_______e$$$$$$$$$$e
______$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
_____d$$$$$$$$$$$$$$b
_____$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
____4$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$F
____4$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$F
_____$$$"_"$$$$"_"$$$F
_____$$F___4$$F___4$$
_____$$F___4$$F___F$$
_____'$$___$$$$___$$'
______4$$$$$"^$$$$$4
_______$$$$F__F$$$$
________"$$$ee$$$"
________._*$$$$*_
_________$_____.$
_________"$$$$$$"
__________^$$$$
_4$$c_______""_______.$$_
_^$$$b______________e$$$"
_d$$$$$e__________z$$$$$b
4$$$*$$$$$c____.$$$$$*$$$_
_""____^*$$$be$$$*"____^"
__________"$$$$"
________.d$$P$$$b
_______d$$P___^$$$b
___.ed$$$"______"$$$be.
_$$$$$$P__________*$$$$$$
4$$$$$P____________$$$$$$"
_"*$$$"____________^$$P
____""______________^"



WOW WHAT A BEAUTY I LIKE YOURS CHOICE THANK YOU
VERY MUCH FOR NICE BLOG. TAKE CARE,BEST WISHES.

SEE MY WORLDS BEST COOL PHOTOS BANK!

NOW COLLECTION OF WORLD'S BEST PHOTOS
IN ONE PLACE.

NOW VISIT ALL MY BLOG AND ENJOY

http://awanbank.blogspot.com/

http://pakway.blogspot.com/

http://ipakway.blogspot.com/

http://cwildlife.blogspot.com/

http://idesix.blogspot.com/