Wednesday, November 19, 2008

THE WINNAHS!

Sorry to be posting so late; I'm in Florida being passed along to various relatives and just got back to a place where I can borrow a computer and get online.

Boy, was it hard picking wht winners of the Boyfriend for Betsy contest! I dithered and dathered (neologism) and finally went with my emotions and picked Connor Sullivan. I was going to change his name to Terence O'Sullivan but my two sisters objected, saying Conner Sullivan tripped more euphoniously off the tongue. And then this morning I met a very handsome young man (okay a boy) walking a gorgeous black standard poodle. He was my niece's neighbor. I love black standard poodles, so she hailed him over to meet the dog. The dog's name is Chloe, and the boy's name is Connor. Okay, okay, some things are a *sign.* Betsy's new boyfriend is Connor Sullivan. The fictional Connor, as invented for me, has a very interesting background, being Irish born.

It was a near thing, though. Second place goes to a man with a Scottish background, whose physical description is devastating. Plus, I have serious weakness for the Scots.

In fact, all the entries were serious competitors, from the carpenter to the retired attorney who wants to buy ISBN's next door to Betsy's shop, to the cancer survivor photographer. I even like the cranky guy who stomps into town and buys the local newspaper.

My deepest thanks to everyone who sent an entry, it has keep me entertained for weeks, wven while it made me tear my hair out picking a winner!

2 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

Fun post. I can see why you had a hard time choosing. All the entries you mentioned sounded good.

Joanna Campbell Slan said...

Thanks for letting all of us watch the fun!