Saturday, March 21, 2009

The End is Near

Another week that disappeared. I haven't been to the gym since Sunday. My only outings have been going for a couple of walks in the mountains and walking the dog. The rest of the time I have been over my computer going through my manuscript for the last time. I've been up until 2 a.m. every night. Then stumbling into bed bleary eyed.

I just have a few more pages to go through and a few more changes make. Then just the crochet pattern and the recipe and crochet mystery number 4 gets a FedEx ride to New York. The end is in sight, which means soon there'll be clean laundry again and a chance to run the vaccuum.

4 comments:

Monica Ferris said...

I sympathize. Or maybe it's empathize -- as in, Been There, Done That. But how wonderful to have accomplished what was seeming to become impossible, right? I'm at the other end myself, trying to get a novel started. The only way I'm going to succeed is to stop looking at the long task ahead and just concentrate on getting the setup finished.

Congratulations!

Linda O. Johnston said...

I, too, empathize, Betty. And sympathize. I'm starting final tweaks on my manuscript due April 1. It's always such a feeling of triumph and relief when that manuscript's finally on its way to New York!
--Linda

Terri Thayer said...

I just FedExed my manuscript two weeks ago. What a great feeling! Worth all the effort.

Now get back to the gym.

Betty Hechtman said...

As I'm finishing, I'm already looking ahead to book 5, so I understand where you're coming from, Monica.

Linda, it is definitely a feeling of triumph and relief to know it's going to be on its way Monday. It was also a relief to read it over and find that it made sense.

Congratulations, Terri, on finishing.