Thursday, July 16, 2009

Pets and Travel

When you read this, I will be in Washington, D.C., at the Romance Writers of America National Conference. I’ll have flown here on the red-eye on Tuesday night. Hopefully, this blog entry will get posted when I requested it to.

I noted that this week starts the inaugural flights of Pet Airways. I’ve seen some features on TV, and it looks like a good way to send pets from one of the cities it services to another. The animals are stacked in separate crates, so I hope they’re safe in turbulence. But in addition to the pilot, there is a special attendant just for the animals. Humans are not intended to travel along, but presumably you can send your pet to the place you’re going and pick him or her up when you and your pet have both arrived.

I’ll be interested to hear people’s opinions about how the airline works in actuality. People apparently think it’ll be great, since I heard they’re already booked up 2 months in advance.

I’d love to hear what you think about traveling with your pets--but I don’t think I’ll have Internet access this trip and won’t be able to respond for a while.

2 comments:

Camille Minichino said...

I for one am delighted to hear about the arrangement. I'm allergic to pets and I'm sure they're allergic to me, so this is the perfect solution!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! I hate to board my dog. She is always miserable when we pick her up. It takes her several days of readjustment.