Thursday, September 30, 2010

My Office

My office is a reflection of me, I suppose--full of ideas and not exactly organized.

I’ve a computer and printer there, of course. Bookshelves containing a copy of each of my published novels, including some foreign and large print editions. Proposals, both active and prospective. Research materials. Promotional materials. And lots of stuff I probably don’t need any more, but I haven’t yet had time to sort through.

And, no, I’m not posting any photos. You may have guessed by now that my slightly-improving techiness has not yet graduated to posting pictures on this blog except for my own.

Besides, if I decided to post a photo, I’d probably want to clean that corner of the office at least a little, and right now I’m under too many deadlines to take the time!

Are any of you who are reading this as disorganized as I am? Or do you prefer working in a neat environment?

By the way, the winner of my contest last week is Dru. Dru, if you’ll send your address to me at lindaojohnston@rocketmail.com, I’ll send you an autographed copy of my Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter mystery FELINE FATALE. Thanks for daring to enter!

11 comments:

Miss Merry said...

I am scary disorganized! I am afraid that if I posted a picture of my office - in the middle of a trillion projects at any one time - I would have a visit from the local health board!

Dru said...

Thanks Linda. I'll email you.

I'm a neat freak. I need to see the top of the desk, the floor, the walls, the windows for me to work comfortably.

Janie Emaus said...

Hi,
We must be on the same wavelength. I have tons piles of papers and m/s and books and ideas. They are everywhere!

Linda O. Johnston said...

I empathize and identify with that, Miss Merry!

Linda O. Johnston said...

Great, Dru. I may not identify with your way of working, but I admire you!

Linda O. Johnston said...

I suspect we are on the same wavelength, Janie--everywhere!

Camille Minichino said...

I try for an ideal of crowded but not messy. I'd freak out if I could actually see my desktop. I'd worry that I wasn't working hard enough!

Linda O. Johnston said...

Since I got a new computer, Camille, and had to make room for it, I can see parts of my desktop now, unlike before.

Gillian Doyle said...

Glad to read that I'm not the only one who has stacks of paper AKA my "vertical filing system".

I try so hard to keep my office clean since this is the Feng Shui "Wealth & Prosperity" corner of my house. But I like having all my research books & notes surrounding me when I write. :-) At least these days I store my research data digitally instead of having overdue library books and/or a notebook of xeroxed pages from library books that had been returned. Am I dating myself?

Linda O. Johnston said...

If you're dating yourself, Gillian, then I'm dating myself, too! I still store research both ways, although I get info from library books a lot less often these days.

Betty Hechtman said...

A nest environment, ha! Everytime I clean up my writing spot, I can't find anything. But when it's messy, I know where everything is.