Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sweet

What's sweet? Sweet tooth, sweet heart, sweet treat.

Sweet is not the decision I have to make this weekend between attending Bouchercon, the biggest mystery fan conference being held in San Francisco OR Pacific International Quilt Fest, the bestest quilt show being held in Santa Clara. Due to some bad karma (not sure what I did wrong), my two favorite interests are colliding this weekend. And I can't be at both. At least not on the same day.

Ordinarily, I'd be at PIQF every day for the four days it's open. I'd be signing books and checking out the quilts and shopping at the vendors. Did I mention there are several hundred vendors? All with things I probably need.

But I'm a member of the local Sisters in Crime and Mystery Writers of America, so I'm needed at Bouchercon. Not that this is a hardship. I'll be in good company. Laurie R. King, Robert Crais, James Benn. Name a mystery author and he/she will most likely be there. The breakout sessions will be fun and informative. The authors will be hanging out, eager to meet their fans. It's heaven.

I'll be a part of a continuous conversation tomorrow morning at nine am there. It's an informal drop in session where several authors will be talking about cozies. After that, I'll be hanging out in the hospitality suite. On Saturday, I'll be in the craft room from 3-4pm. That's right, a craft room. My blogmates are responsible for this. We'll be demoing projects all day Friday and Saturday. You can stop by and play.

Sunday, I'll go to PIQF and see the quilts and try to buy what's left at the vendors.

I really do get to do both. Sweet.

No comments: