Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My New Year -- It’ll Get Better!

This is my first Killer Hobbies post for 2011. Yesterday suggested to me that the year isn’t off to as great a start as I’d hoped. On the other hand, that was yesterday, and now it’s today. Things are improving already.

What went wrong? Well, it mostly stemmed from my husband’s coming down with a tummy illness. I felt awful for him and couldn’t do much to help. Not that the timing is ever right, but it was on the day we’d chosen to change satellite TV providers. I count on him for technical things, since I’m so non-techie. Fortunately, our younger son is even more tech-oriented than my husband, and since he now lives in LA he was able to help by supervising the installation.

Then, I’d twisted something in my back. It isn’t horrible but it’s sore enough that I had to cancel my zumba lesson. One of these days, I’m going combine zumba with my Curves workout, but not this week. I did do some exercise but had to be careful not to do anything as strenuous as I usually like to do.

Okay, enough complaining. My husband is feeling better. Plus, my writing is progressing well. I’m working on the third Pet Rescue Mystery as well as some other story ideas. Plus, I’m contacting people about the upcoming release of BEAGLEMANIA, the first in the series, which premiers in March. I’m sending out galleys for review in addition to what my publisher is doing. That’s not going too badly. In fact, it’s rather fun!

What’s next? Well, as in any year, I have ideas and prospective plans, plus things I know I have to get done. Somehow, it all seems to work out.

How has your 2011 been going so far? Any surprises yet?

8 comments:

Dru said...

I can't complain since I'm on staycation. I won a couple of giveaway on author's blogs so things are looking good.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Great, Dru. May you win many more!

Betty Hechtman said...

I'm glad today is better for you. I hurt my back once. It wasn't anything terrible, like a sprain or something, but the pain made me very sympathetic to anyone with back pain. I've only tried Zumba once, but it was fun. My gym recently added something called Groove. It's lots of fun and a nice change from my usual routine of indoor cycling, aerobics and yoga.

Cinette said...

Sorry to hear about your back. I can relate to not being up to your regular self. With this iron deficiency, I get dizzy just trying to walk at a good clip on the treadmill, let alone even think of running. Don't push yourself, it will heal soon enough. And good luck with your writing endevours for 2011!

Linda O. Johnston said...

Last time I pulled something in my back, Betty, was when I started having to carry Lexie down steps into our backyard. I'm not sure where this ache came from, but it'll go away soon, I'm sure.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Thanks, Cinette. I'm not one to push myself. :) But I do want to keep on moving! I appreciate your good thought about my writing, too.

Janie Emaus said...

I'm hoping for a good year. It's that way, so far.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Excellent, Janie!