Friday, April 15, 2011

Done!

I am done with my revision. Well, almost. I just have to make the recipe for Apple Bumble Crumble (one of the recipes included in Behind the Seams)one more time to tweak it. Terri talked about disconnecting from her computer. Even though I've been spending hours staring at mine, I have avoided email and the Internet in general while I was busy revising.

I noticed that just checking my current emails - we won't even go into the other 3000in my mail box - and reading an article or two on the Internet, and viola, an hour is gone or maybe even more.

Once I make the recipe and put in any changes, it's off through cyber space to my editor and right on time. Much as I'm glad to be done, I felt a certain tug saying good by to that story.

But even as I was finishing the revision, scenes from the next book were going through my mind. I love it when my characters show up and surprise me.

Before I get lost in the new book, I am looking forward to a few days to let my mind air out. And there is that pile of laundry -

14 comments:

Dru said...

Congrats on finishing your revisions. Can't wait to read Behind the Seams.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Congratulations on almost finishing, Betty! But isn't it fun how our subconscious minds are always looking ahead to what comes next?

Rochelle Staab said...

Congratulations Betty! What an amazing feeling, yes? Hope you enjoy at least a few days of Between The Books before you begin your next.

Camille Minichino said...

I just sent off 2 manuscripts in the last month and have been staring into space since I finished.
Now I know I've really been airing out my brain! Thanks for that, Betty.

Betty Hechtman said...

Thank you, Dru. It was a great feeling to hit send last night.

Betty Hechtman said...

Linda, your right about the subconcious being at work. This mornning during my so-called time off, the perfect solution showed up to tie up the plot in my next book.

Betty Hechtman said...

Rochelle, it is an amazing feeling, like getting to the end of a journey.

Betty Hechtman said...

Two manuscripts in one month, Camille! Wow, you deserve some staring in space time.

Camille Minichino said...

It took 7 months to write the 2, Betty; it's just that they were due a month apart!

Planner said...

Ah, you saved the dessert for last! Congratulations on finishing!

JanG said...

Congratulations! It's so satisfying to finish a huge project, especially when the next one whispers, "I'm ready for you!" As always, I'm looking forward to the next book.

Betty Hechtman said...

Camille, two manuscripts in seven months is an amazing feat!

Betty Hechtman said...

Planner, I did save the dessert for last, and eating apple bumble crumble at 2 a.m. after I sent the manusrcript off through cyberspace was a sweet treat. It tasted even better the next morning.

Betty Hechtman said...

Jan, I'm glad your computer finally let you leave a comment.