Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Resolute About Resolutions

I didn’t exactly make New Year’s resolutions this year except that I am resolved to make this year better than the last one.

That means I intend to be even more focused on getting things done efficiently. So far, I’ve improved somewhat in that department, but there’s lots more I can do this year to get even better.

I want to stay more focused on family, too. Last year was a difficult one because of the loss of my brother. I’ve always loved my family but I intend to make that even clearer this year, if I can. But don’t worry, if any remote family members happen to be reading this. I’ll want to be in touch more, but without being pushy about it--or at least not pushier than I have been!

Other than the efficiency angle, I didn’t have to make resolutions about my writing. I do it, even on days I consider taking off. I always edit, or at least plot, and once I note anything on the computer more stuff just starts to spill out. That’s a good thing. I don’t need to make any resolutions about meeting deadlines or putting together new proposals, since that just sort of happens.

I don’t have to make resolutions about my dogs, either. They remind me about what they want and when they want it. And then they do it again. And again. Who trained whom? I’ll let you guess.

How about you--did you make any resolutions for 2012? How are you progressing in achieving them, a whole four days into the new year?

7 comments:

Janie Emaus said...

I didn't make any this year. I'm like you.
Happy New Year!

Linda O. Johnston said...

I'm sure you'll meet your goals this year even if they aren't resolutions. Happy New Year, Janie!

Joanna Campbell Slan said...

I started my HcG diet before Christmas, and it's coming along nicely. I've been organizing and I'm hiring a "de-cluttering" expert to come help. Off to a good start on 2012!

Linda O. Johnston said...

I don't know the HcG diet, Joanna, but I hope you do great with it. And de-cluttering, too? It does sound like your 2012 is off to a good start!

Anonymous said...

No real resolutions but I would like to declutter, now to get my husband on this too. And I would like to find a craft that I can do.

Linda O. Johnston said...

I'm in favor of decluttering, too, Nancy. In fact, I've already made a tiny baby step in that direction--maybe all I'll do this year! I used to love to hook rugs. If I ever took up a craft again that's what I'd do.

Betty Hechtman said...

I don't bother with resolutions about decluttering. It's, too hopeless. If Joanna's expert came to my house, they'd probably have an anxiety attack.