Saturday, April 21, 2012




Right now, I'm in the middle of revising Scent to Kill, the sequel to Death Drops: A Natural Remedies Mystery. The theme is aromatherapy, one of my favorite natural remedies and Jasmine (Jasminum officinale v. grandiflorum) is one of my favorite essential oils. Not only is it aroma intoxicatingly sweet, exotic and floral, it is incredibly therapeutic for a variety of conditions.  

Jasmine essential oil eases mild depression, anxiety, tension, balances energy and helps you feel more optimistic. It also calms coughs and laryngitis, soothes sore muscles, stiffness and sprains. A powerful aphrodisiac, it inspires passion and romance. Recent research shows that it can even help hand-eye coordination. It’s also a lovely perfume. You can apply it topically, use it on a warm or cool compress, put it in the bath, inhale it from your palm or put it in your diffuser. It will make any room, an oasis. 

 What is your favorite aroma? 

3 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

Now I understand why I always feel so happy when I go out in my yard and smell the pink jasmine. I have to get some of that essential oil.

Betty Hechtman said...

Now I understand why I always feel so happy when I go out in my yard and smell the pink jasmine. I have to get some of that essential oil.

Monica Ferris said...

I like the perfume scent Obsession. Of natural scents, I like lily of the valley and lilac - but I remember falling in love with the little jasmine bracelets and necklaces we were given at various places in Thailand. I guess I like strong scents!