Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Surrounded by Romance

Happy Fourth of July, everyone!  It’s so great to be celebrating the birth of our wonderful country.  I’m looking forward to seeing a myriad of fireworks displays in the San Fernando Valley tonight from my upstairs balcony. 

Are you intrigued by the title of my blog post today?  Well, let me explain.  I’m talking about romance novels.  I love ‘em, and write them along with my also beloved mysteries.

 I just turned in a manuscript revision for my next Harlequin Nocturne, UNDERCOVER WOLF--a paranormal romance in my mini-series about Alpha Force, a covert military unit of shapeshifters.  The stories are getting longer, so I expanded my manuscript accordingly. 

 This month is also the debut of my first Harlequin Romantic Suspense: UNDERCOVER SOLDIER.  As I’ve said before, I’m undercover a lot lately!

 And some good news?  I’ve been offered contracts on two more Nocturnes, plus one more Romantic Suspense! 

 So, yes, I’m surrounded by romance.  So are my Pet Rescue Mysteries.  In between all those Harlequins, I’ll also be writing another of Lauren Vancouver’s adventures, plus her next story, OODLES OF POODLES, will be a February 2013 release. 

I anticipate being nice and busy.  In fact... time for me to stop writing this blog entry and get back to the Nocturne that’s due next!

Oh, and BTW, on the romance theme?  My DH has been helping me with some technical issues in that Nocturne.  Isn’t that romantic?

Do you like reading and/or writing in multiple genres?  Which are your favorite, and why?

6 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

I think it would be fun to write a romance and not have to worry about so many clues.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Oh, but I always have mysteries or suspense in my romances, too, Betty--so I include clues as well as kisses!

Mollie Cox Bryan said...

I think a lot of reader like a variety of genres. I know I do. And as a writer I like the opportunity to try on new forms of writing, new genres, and so on. Way to go, Linda!

Janie Emaus said...

I like YA, paranormal anything and woment's fiction. And of course, anything written by you!

Happy 4th of July

Linda O. Johnston said...

I agree that it's always fun to try something different, Mollie--both reading and writing.

Linda O. Johnston said...

And I like anything written by you, too, Janie!