Friday, July 12, 2013

Brief Blog

It's a short blog this week. First the good news. I found out that Yarn to Go was #7 on the Barnes & Noble mass market mystery bestseller list. I was savoring the moment when I heard from my editor that there is a cover meeting for the second yarn retreat book next Wednesday. She asked me to send her the first 100 pages of the manuscript by Friday (I'm writing this on Thursday night), so she can get some ideas for the cover and the cover copy. She said it was okay if it was rough. Maybe okay with her, but not with me. So, I have been going over the pages. Now, I'm down to cutting and pasting them in a new file. My eyes are bleary from looking at a screen. I haven't had dinner and it's almost midnight.

It's not like I wasn't going to rewrite the pages anyway. I was going to turn in the whole thing in a few weeks. The good part is thanks to these few days of intense work, I am ahead of schedule.

8 comments:

Planner said...

Congrats on Yarn to Go's high placement on B&N's list. Your new series is off to an impressive start!

Sounds like you're facing a Killer Deadline! You were probably writing about Casey's delicious muffins while your stomach was growling after missing dinner. I hope you get to take at least one day off after sending back the first 100 pages.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Congratulations, Betty, both on doing so well on the B&N list and on polishing those first 100 pages so quickly!

Betty Hechtman said...

Planner, I like the idea of taking one day off. It's nice to have a chance to clear my head.

Betty Hechtman said...

Linda, thanks! It's amazing what you can do when you have a deadline.

Whitney J said...

I finished Yarn to Go the other day. I loved it! Keep up the great work. I can't wait to see what happens next between Casey and that hunk of a cop, Dane.

Betty Hechtman said...

Whitney J, I am so glad you enjoyed Yarn to Go!

Chrystle Fiedler said...

Congrats! Congrats! Great news and well-deserved!

Betty Hechtman said...

Thank you, Chrystle!