Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Yet Another Conference


I’m currently in Atlanta for the Romance Writers of America National Conference for 2013.  It’s my fourth writers’ conference this year.  I’m feeling somewhat conferenced out, but I’m intending to have fun anyway! 

I keep an online calendar to tell me what’s happening when.  I’ll be attending the meet-and-greet for librarians and book sellers; the Literacy Signing; meetings with Harlequin, which publishes my Nocturne paranormal romance Alpha Force miniseries as well as my Harlequin Romantic Suspense books; parties by Harlequin; book signings and parties for Berkley, which publishes my Pet Rescue Mysteries; meetings and events with others including my delightful agent; and, yes, I even intend to attend some conference workshops, lunches and other events.  One of these days I have to learn how best to print the pages on my calendar, but I found a makeshift way to handle that. 

I’m sure I’ll return home jazzed and inspired and even more eager to work on the novels and proposals that I was already working on before I left.   Even though I have a smartphone, I’m learning how to use it gradually and remain technologically challenged.  I’m not sure I’ll be able to respond to comments on this blog, but please don’t let that keep you from posting some anyway.  Be sure to mention what you think of conferences and if they inspire you to write or read or perform.better in whatever your day job is.

3 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

Hope you have a great time!

Betty Hechtman said...

Hope you have a great time!

Linda O. Johnston said...

I did have a great time, Betty. Thanks! But it's good to be home now.