- Sit comfortably, with your spine erect and the crown of your head floating up to the ceiling. Sitting either in a chair or on the floor is fine, as long as you are physically comfortable and your spine is in “neutral”.
- Allow your eyes to close or keep your eyes at “half mast” gazing quietly at a place below and in front of you.
- Notice your breath—without intentionally trying to change it. Feel the warmth and coolness of the breath at the tip of your nostrils. Allow your mind to focus on and pay attention to this feeling of the breath.
- If your attention wanders (and it will!) just notice it, and invite your attention back to the sensation of the breath at the tip of your nose. Try not to criticize yourself. Instead congratulate yourself for bringing the attention back to the point of focus.
- Continue this meditation for ten minutes or longer if you’d like.
Come visit Whole Life Yoga in Seattle, and check out Tracy Weber's author page for information about the Downward Dog Mysteries series. MURDER STRIKES A POSE is available for preorder now from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Whole Life Yoga, and other retailers!