Friday, October 31, 2014



It has happened again. The future has snuck on me and become the present. As little as a few weeks ago I was thinking my release day was a long way off. This past week I was so busy in Chicago finishing up the synopsis for crochet mystery #10, I thought I still had a ways until KNOT GUILTY came out. And then all of a sudden, I got emails about the panel I’m going to be on at the Agoura Hills library on my release day and realized how close it was. This is my last blog before KNOT GUILTY hits the shelves in hardcover and FOR BETTER OR WORSTED comes out in the paperback edition.

I have turned in some guest blogs that will be appearing in the next couple of weeks. I actually got my website BettyHechtman.com updated before the last minute and I heard my bookmarks are waiting to be picked up.

And in the midst of all this I got the contract for the fourth and fifth books in the Yarn Retreat Series.

KNOT GUILTY was fun to write. I took what I’d learned from going to a number of yarn shows and added some more trouble. I won’t name names, but some yarn shows are quite snobby when it comes to crocheters. They begrudgedly add a few crochet classes and some vendors that are crochet centric, but the focus on the show is knit, knit, knit. I am still astonished that there are many in the yarn world that look down on crochet.

FOR BETTER OR WORSTED starts off at a wedding with a lot of drama when the bride’s mother is found sitting in the wedding cake with a bloody knife. Of course both books have recipes and patterns.
I’m bringing candy and bookmarks to celebrate my release day to the panel which by the way is on How Writers Work and includes Joel Fox, Harley Jane Kozak, me and Patricia Smiley. It’s at 6:30 Tuesday, November 4 at the Agoura Hills Library, 29901 Ladyface Ct in Agoura Hills. I would love to see you.

10 comments:

Planner said...

I can't wait to read Knot Guilty! I have already seen good reviews, so I know I'm in for a treat.

Enjoy the panel discussion! Sounds like fun, and a great way to celebrate the release of your book.

Betty Hechtman said...

Planner, thanks for the kind words.

Monica Ferris said...

I love the title Knot Guilty - very clever!

Nancy said...

It is funny about knit snobbishness, isn't it? I do both, though not as much as I'd like. One of my daughters took more to crocheting and the other daughter knits. She has said outright that she doesn't like crochet. I don't get it. They both have a place in my life. I mean, knitting and crocheting. Naturally, my daughters both have a huge place in my life.
I'm looking forward to reading more of your books!

Betty Hechtman said...

Monica, all the credit goes to my son. He's the one who came up with it.

Betty Hechtman said...

Nancy, even though I know it's true, I find it hard to believe that many yarn stores have a disregard for crocheters. I was shocked when I encountered it myself.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Gee, sounds like I'm not the only one who's busy, Betty! Congrats on your new release and paperback edition.

chkntza said...

I wish I lived closer to Agoura Hills.

Betty Hechtman said...

Linda, you don't know the half of it. At the same time I'm helping my son and husband with a new business.

Betty Hechtman said...

Miriam, maybe the Tarzana Library will have an panel event one day.