Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Xmas Eve


Last week I blogged mostly about packages.  No more have arrived lately, a good thing.  The most recent to arrive was a scarecrow gadget that my husband ordered to attempt to scare off the raccoons that are digging up our backyard around 4 AM each morning.  It's a mechanical thing that resembles a toucan caricature's face and spits a little bit of water a long way as it makes a hissing noise.  So far, my husband's ahead but the raccoons haven't given up. 

Today is the beginning of the part of our holiday season that involves some of our relatives who live out of town.  A few are arriving today, and I'm cooking dinner again tomorrow night, this time for twice as many people as we had here on Thanksgiving.  Yes, me.  I used to cook a lot more creatively when our sons were young but these days, although I still cook, I tend to do things the easy way by doctoring pre-made meals or adding to packaged food.  I intend to cook a nice, tasty, enjoyable meal tomorrow, but the best part will be the company. 

I did finish my rough draft of my next Alpha Force Harlequin Nocturne CANADIAN WOLF, so I'm in the middle of my first read-through in which I edit substantially and make a lot of notes.  I like this stage!  But it can be even more time-consuming each day than my actual writing often is.  I'll get some done today but I have other things to do and errands to run and accompanying my husband to pick up those arriving family members.  Maybe I'll accomplish more on Christmas Day while some of the food cooks after I start preparing it.   

By the way, we've more to celebrate on Xmas.  It's our younger Cavalier Mystie's birthday, too!  Our nutcase puppy is turning seven this year.

Okay, enough blogging for now.  I need to get back to my editing. 

Happy last day of Chanukah today, everyone, and a Merry Christmas tomorrow!

3 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

I always intend to just read straight through a draft, but I always end up making notes. And I agree it always takes a long time.

By now you'e cooked and it was eaten. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas meal!

Betty Hechtman said...

I always intend to just read straight through a draft, but I always end up making notes. And I agree it always takes a long time.

By now you'e cooked and it was eaten. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas meal!

Linda O. Johnston said...

My Christmas meal was fun, Betty, and we still have leftovers!