Fiona had to wait so long for the book launch that she outgrew her shirt!
My book launch actually extends well into February, but the craziest part is finished. Here are some of places you can still join in the fun:
Interviews: I’m continually surprised by the diversity of questions I get asked by interviewers. There’s a tiny bit of overlap in the interviews below, but not very darned much. I’ve highlighted some of the unique questions in each.
- Mochas, Mysteries, and Meows: This one is a lot of fun, because I got to write it from Bella’s (The German Shepherd in my series) point of view!
- Edmonds News: Artfully Edmonds: This local arts columnist asked some great questions about how to “make it” in the writing business. Truth be told, I haven’t made it yet. But if I ever do, it will be because of support from readers like you!
- Christa Reads and Writes: In this one, you can read about my yoga teacher/sleuth Kate and how she compares to me. Spoiler Alert! We have some similarities!
- Thoughts in Progress: Learn about my writing process (or lack thereof, if the truth be known). I’m not exactly known for my organized desktop.
- Cozy Up with Kathy: This interviewer asked me to talk about my work, of course, but also two other topics in the series I feel passionately about: EPI (the digestive disease my own dog has) and reactive dogs.
- Omnimystery News: This interviewer asked lots of fun questions about my life, my characters, and my genre. My favorite question, however was to complete this sentence… I am a mystery writer and thus I am also… How do you think I answered it?
- Radio Interview on Conversations Live with Cyrus Web. Cyrus hosted me on his program last launch and it was a thrill to talk with him again this year about my new book, getting to know my characters and encouraging other writers.
- Radio Interview on My Mama’s Kitchen (Aired Tuesday, January 13) This interview was special because it spoke primarily about yoga and why I love it so much.
- Writers and Other Animals: This is actually an excerpt from the book—a scene in which Kate discovers Suicide Bluff, an area that will later become much more frightening than she could ever imagine.
- Sequence Wiz: Read about finding your passion by sharing yoga in unusual ways.
- Kelly P’s Blog: Yoga for Mystery Readers. Yoga is good for everyone! In this article, I discuss the key benefits of a consistent yoga practice for mystery readers.
- Dru’s Book Musings: A Typical Day in the Life of Yoga Instructor Kate Davidson. Typical? Really? What’s so typical on a day you’re about to get arrested for murder? Kate will tell you all about it!
Reviews from Mystery Blogs: Check out the fun reviews from posted by the bloggers below: If you’ve seen any reviews that I haven’t listed here please let me know!
- Booklady’s Booknotes: "A Killer Retreat is a humorous mystery that will give the reader page after page of stress free enjoyment."
- Shelley’s BookCase: "This is such a fantastic read. One that will have you reading until the last page."
- Mochas, Mysteries, and Meows: "Kate's dedication to Bella and her serious medical issues are just one reason why I consider this a must-read series. Whether you are a yogi or not you will enjoy spending time with Kate, Bella, and their friends."
- Readalot: "Lots of mystery, lots of suspects, lot of Yoga, interesting characters and cute animals."
- Fresh Fiction: "Ms. Weber mixes up a delightful whodunit that sends the reader down false trails much like Bella the dog and her search for rabbits....Readers of cozy mysteries will enjoy this mystery and look forward to the next installment."
- Cozy up with Kathy "A Killer Retreat, is the best sort of book. It's one that raises awareness of important societal issues, explores the difficulties relationships present, makes us worry about the people and other animals who inhabit its pages, and, while doing all of that, still makes us laugh!"
- Thoughts In Progress: "A Killer Retreat is a charming cozy that provides relaxation and entertainment. This is a tantalizing series with the promise of more capers in the future."
- Just One More Paragraph: "Another great humorous and quirky mystery that is sure to not only to draw you in but entertain you from the first page."
- Traci Andrighetti’s Blog "As both a yogini and a dog lover, I particularly appreciated the way that Kate’s yoga practice and Bella (and her medical condition) were incorporated into the plot."
- WV Sticher: "Tracy Weber provides a page turning read with Killer Retreat, the second book in the Downward Dog Mystery series."
- Read Your Writes Book Reviews: "A Killer Retreat is told in first person, which gives you a great look into Kate’s crazy personality."
- Escape with Dollycas into a Good Book: "The story has it all, action, drama, humor and romantic tension
- Libriamorimiei: "If you love dogs and cozy mysteries is absolutely a book to read."
Yikes! Just looking at all this makes me tired. I can't wait to continue the fun and start writing the next book!
Come visit Whole Life Yoga in Seattle, and check out Tracy Weber’s author page for information about the Downward Dog Mysteries series. A KILLER RETREAT and MURDER STRIKES A POSE are available at book sellers everywhere!