Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Returning to Writing...

... All right, I never really stopped writing.  But the edits I mentioned last week along with computer and other issues did make me put book 2 in my Barkery & Biscuits Mysteries on temporary hold, as I also mentioned then.   

But I'm finally starting to get back into it.  I've been re-reading and editing the beginning chapters that I'd written before and making notes on what's next.  I rather like what I'd previously written, although it of course requires that editing and maybe more.  But at least I think I'm headed in a good direction. 

And in case you're wondering, my computer issue has finally been solved, at least for now.  After getting advice, our decision was to keep the old computer but put a new fan into it, which my husband has done.  So far, all seems to be going fine.  But in case you can't hear it, I'm now knocking on wood--which I do a lot more these days since I write the Superstition Mysteries.

Recently, a lot of my writing time and energy has been focused on the romance writing part of my career.  Last weekend I went to meetings of the Orange County Chapter of Romance Writers of America, as well as the Los Angeles Chapter.  In a couple of weeks I'll head to California Dreamin', the conference hosted by all four Southern California chapters of RWA.  Plus, the edits I just finished were for my next Harlequin Nocturne, and that manuscript will be returned to me again soon for a final go-round.   

Which means I'd better get back to Barkery #2 while I can... 

Enjoy your week, whatever you're up to!

2 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

It sounds like you're juggling a lot of projects. Good luck!

Linda O. Johnston said...

Thanks, Betty! Juggling is a good word for it. And I'm always chasing good luck these days, now that I'm writing the Superstition Mysteries!