Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Topic Needed


Happy July, everyone! 

Yesterday, when I started plotting what I'd write here today, Tuesday felt like a weekend day.  Why?  I'm not sure--especially since, as a writer, I don't really get weekends or holidays off.  Even so, I let my mind swirl around possible blog topics for today--and really didn't zero in on one. 

I could have focused on my continuing project of baking some samples of the dog treats whose recipes I hope to include in my next Barkery & Biscuits Mystery.  But other things have kept me from working on that regularly.   

My class on Kiss Me or Kill Me: Writing Cozy Mysteries 101 for Romance Writers has been going well.  It has passed the halfway point, and I check for responses to homework assignments a couple of times a day.  Not everyone participates, but it's fun corresponding with those who do. 

I'm currently drafting my third Superstition Mystery, so plotting and writing remain in my schedule.  Then there've been some family and car related things going on that take up brain power and energy, so my writing progress is currently slower than I prefer. 

Plus, my long-time webmistress is retiring so I'm looking around for a replacement.  I have several leads but need to spend more time following up on this, too.  If you have any suggestions, please pass them along! 

We're making plans to hopefully be with friends for fireworks on the Fourth of July, but that may depend largely on traffic and parking that evening. 

And did you enjoy our leap second?   It occurred at 8 PM last night eastern time, so it was 5 PM here in LA.  It didn't change my schedule, though. 

So... I've done a lot of writing here about not having something to write about.

Anything you'd like to hear me blog about next time?

2 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

I know what you mean about looking for a blog topic. But as you did, even writing about not knowing what to write about becomes a topic.

Linda O. Johnston said...

It certainly can become a topic unto itself, Betty. And I said a lot considering I didn't have anything to say!