Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Our Goose Was Cooked - Deliciously!




Michaelmas was wonderful, but too small, only nine of us.  And I roasted two geese.  Goose hasn’t got as much meat on it as a turkey, so I roasted two - and that was too much goose for so small a gathering.  We didn't even carve the second one.  So instead of a bare-bones carcass we froze the second goose to have it again at Christmas.  The first one was the most delicious goose I’ve ever served.  Now we’ll see if the old superstition holds and we have no fiscal emergencies until this time next year – when we’ll roast another goose.

The weather lately has been magnificent, cool days and even cooler nights, though no frost yet.  The trees are just starting to turn, there are some gorgeous maples in our neighborhood.

I haven’t heard from my editor yet about Knit Your Own Murder.  But since the pub date has been moved back to August next year, there is no rush.  Still, I’m impatient for an opinion.  A professional opinion, that is.

Meanwhile I’m getting more stitching done than usual, and taking great pleasure in it.  I’ve got three projects going, the dancing skeleton (which I am starting to think will never be finished), a black scarf with a thin string of copper sparkly stuff knit into it, and some little cross stitch ornaments on a name tag I’ll wear the end of this month at Magna cum Murder in Indianapolis.  The event has been moved from Muncie, and the site is The Columbia Club, a very elegant and beautiful location.  Google it for a glimpse, if you like.

3 comments:

Linda O. Johnston said...

A doubly good post today, Monica!

Anonymous said...

Your projects sound interesting. Are there links to any of the patterns?

Monica Ferris said...

Yes, Anonymous, the patterns are available at my web site: Monica-Ferris.com. Go take a look!