Together we've formed Two Mad Miniaturists. We've just released our first miniature tutorial book, Dollhouse Decor & More, with 62 cool projects.
If you like crafts, you have to love miniatures, because you can exercise all your craft muscles. Today for example, I concentrated on paper arts, cutting, assembling, and painting various small accessories for the Victorian room box I'm constructing out of garbage.
|My trashy Victorian roombox.|
Yes, you read that right. Garbage. As in, trash. I try to recycle, upcycle, and reuse anything I can put my hands on.
Here's a partial list:
* The bed is cardboard stacked and glued together.
* The headboard is a mixture of toilet paper and glue, covered with tissue paper.
* The chair is an empty toilet paper roll.
* The plant, lower right, is the plastic trim from sushi.
* The throw at the foot of the bed was a washcloth I found in the street.
* The curtain rod is a wire clothes hanger.
* The leaded glass windows are the bottom of a fig newton container.
* The dresser is an empty box that makeup came in.
* The mirror started with a jump ring I found in the street.
* The purple flowers are dried ones from a real floral arrangement.
So I hope you'll tune in on Mondays to see what I concoct over the weekend. It isn't always pretty, but I hope you'll find it entertaining.
See you next week--