Wednesday, August 17, 2016

More K9 Research


Last week I blogged about some very special research I was doing about police K9s for a possible new romantic suspense series in the future. 

This week, the timing worked out for me to do some additional research, this time one-on-one with a K9 officer with a local police department.  I won't get specific for now, but this was one absolutely wonderful get-together. 

The officer not only conversed with me and gave me a lot of answers to questions I had about choosing, training and working with the right K9, but he also had his own K9 give me a demonstration on obedience and on finding things in a large area by sniffing them out--something the dog might do on the job to find a hidden weapon, for example.

I was delighted!  And amazed, although I knew how well some dogs can be trained--unlike my pets who train me.

I think I'm one step closer to selling that series, and of course I'm even more excited about the idea now.  I also have another event in the future for further research that I'm also looking forward to.

Love those K9s! 
 

Oh, and by the way:  I'll be on a panel with other writers at Book Carnival this Saturday at 2 PM, where I'll be signing my new Harlequin Romantic Suspense novel, COVERT ALLIANCE.  If you're in the area, be sure to drop in!

1 comment:

Betty Hechtman said...

I'm behind on my commenting and reading blogs backwards. Fingers crossed for you about the K-9 series.