Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Tempis Fugit



We’re going to Omaha the end of this week, will spend one day exploring the aircraft museum there and then Saturday from 3 pm we'll be at The Mystery Bookstore, 1422 South 13th Street, gabbing with the owner Kate and customers, signing books, and eating Oreo cookies, which I’m bringing as a treat.  Drop by if you’re in the area.

The signing at Excelsior Bay Books went extremely well this past Saturday.  A customer came in and told me her grandparents bought land around Thunder Lake in Cass County – the setting for my novel Buttons and Bones – and that she actually knew the location of the log cabin I used, having seen the tall pine tree next to it that a pair of bald eagles nest in every year.  You’d think after having experienced such “small world” stories often all my life I’d not be surprised at another, but I was blown away at this one.  As usual.

Our State Fair begins in less than ten days, a marker for the end of summer.  Where did the time go?  I haven’t even worn all my summer clothing and it’s time to review my fall wardrobe.  The only thing moving slow right now is the story of Rafael and Godwin’s wedding.  And even it is picking up the pace.

2 comments:

Linda O. Johnston said...

You sound nice and busy--a good thing. Enjoy your visit to Omaha and your signing there!

Betty Hechtman said...

I can't believe summer is just over either. But here in Southern California, the weather just heats up in September so no need to think about winter clothes for quite awhile.