Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Dogs Rule, As Always

Okay, yes, another post about dogs.  But I'm a regular on Killer Hobbies because we write about hobbies that we use in our books, and mine is supposed to be pets.  As I've always said, though, dogs aren't hobbies, they're family.

Anyway, I'm just ending a partial day of being a dog sitter--though I'm more like a doggy visitor.  I've been at home most of the time, obeying my own dogs and writing and doing my usual stuff.  But when I opened my front door early yesterday morning for my pups to see the world through our wire fence, there was a key in an envelope on the porch.

Turned out that a neighbor couple had to leave town faster than they'd thought.  They've been hopeful about adopting a baby and have had things set up for a while to go out of town for the process.  They had a house sitter lined up for the time they'd be gone, both to watch over things and care for their sweet dog.

Well, the baby decided to arrive early, as sometimes happens.  The house sitter was out of town.  There were a couple of other people helping out--but the neighbors and I are buddies, and they've even helped look in on my dogs when I've been out of town. 

So, unexpectedly, I checked on their dog for a day till their house sitter came back.  Their dog is a sweetheart--a black dog, so he's got to be good luck.  And my dogs didn't seem to mind the disloyalty they sniffed when I returned home.

Meanwhile, today is October 5, and my third Superstition Mystery UNLUCKY CHARMS is officially available on October 8.  And of course it has dogs in it like everything I'm writing these days!


Good luck to my neighbors, their new baby, and their dog, and good luck to everyone who reads the Superstition Mysteries!

6 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

Congrats on your release. What a great cover! Your neighbors sound like an interesting story.

Annette said...

Looking forward to reading this new book. I love books about dogs. I have a six month old male Corgi name Paddy.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Thanks, Betty. I enjoy the cover, too. And everybody in this supposedly quiet residential neighborhood seems to have a story!

Linda O. Johnston said...

I'm sure it's no surprise, Annette, that I love books about dogs, too! Hope you enjoy it. And Paddy sounds adorable!

Chrystle Fiedler said...

Congrats on your new book! In my latest, Dandelion Dead, Jackson Spade has opened an animal sanctuary! I wish I could open one for real. For now, I have my two rescue doxies and two kitties to keep me company!I LOVE dogs, cats and all animals so we are like-minded souls for sure!

Linda O. Johnston said...

Thanks, Chrystle. And Dandelion Dead sounds like my kind of book! Two rescue doxies and two kitties sounds like a wonderful household. Yes, we're definitely like-minded about animals!