Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Love of Money



This Friday and Saturday I will be at the "Money Show," put on by the Northwest Coin Club, of which I am a proud member.  Coins and paper money of every era and nation will be bought, sold and traded.  I am putting together a display called "1000 Years of English Money."  It’s a series of authentic silver coins dating from Cnut (King from 1016) to Elizabeth II (the current Queen), one for each reign – except Henry VII.  It was during his reign that English coins went from a full-face portrait to a profile, so I have one of each.  I have most of the older coins; I’m looking to fill large gaps in the series after Oliver Cromwell.  None of my coins are for sale.  The show is at the Earle Brown Heritage Center in Brooklyn Center, MN, and continues through Sunday.  Admission is free, so is parking.  Over 100 dealers will be there.

2 comments:

Linda O. Johnston said...

Enjoy your money show!

Betty Hechtman said...

I bet you'll meet some interesting people.