Thursday, June 8, 2017

What's Next?

It's been awhile since I've found myself pondering the writer dilemma of what book will I write next. Last few years, I knew exactly what book was on the horizon. This time the choices or seemingly endless. It's an exciting and scary time, especially when so many ideas battle for my attention. What direction do I go? Stick with mystery or go back for a moment to romantic suspense? Or something different? Should I start by outlining an idea or two and see which one springs to life? Or work on a project that I had set aside three years ago and revamp it? For that story, I know I want to switch it from an inspirational romantic suspense to a "regular" romantic suspense. I'm just not sure if that's the best project for me or one of my other ideas.

The more I think about it, more questions enter my mind. It's a confusing time for my muse. There's one project on the list that at one time had me so excited to write. I had dreams about it. Scribbled down scenes on any available piece of paper. Now that I'll have the time to work on it, my heart doesn't yearn to write it as it once did. I feel kind of blah about it. I still think it's a fabulous idea but I just have no desire to enter into that world.

Fortunately, Altered to Death will be back to me for editing so I'll have another month before I have to make a decision on the next book-length project. I do have 2 short stories I know I'll be working on so maybe once I'm done with them, I'll know for certain what's next.

1 comment:

Linda O. Johnston said...

Good luck with figuring out your next project!