Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Noise



I was sitting at my computer trying to come up with a good idea to blog about today, but all the noise around me made it difficult.  And then it dawned on me.  Why not write about the noise?

We're having a new roof put on our house.  We had a new roof installed five years ago, and they did a terrible job.  One additional problem, besides the workmanship, was that we didn't find out about it till this rainy season, since the rain we had in LA during those four earlier years was negligible.  This year, we actually had some rain.  And, therefore, we had some leaks.

My husband, who knows a lot about construction, has been dealing with this problem, which also involves having our solar panels removed and put back on, replacing our skylight, and getting our satellite receiver and antenna realigned for TV reception. 

The main process requires several roof experts up on our roof removing the old shingles, along with the rusty, defective nails, then replacing them with good ones.  That involves a lot of time stomping around the roof, which I can't really complain about.  But it is a distraction.

Currently, I'm writing the second of my new K-9 Ranch Rescue miniseries for Harlequin Romantic Suspense.  I'm waiting for edits on the first one, and on the third in my Barkery & Biscuits Mysteries.  The hammering and drilling and all are distracting, but it's all necessary.  Surprisingly, our dogs seem to have accepted the situation and haven't been barking much.

This time, thanks to referrals and more, it's hopefully being done right.  Also, my husband is keeping closer tabs on what's going on.


And me?  Well, I'll continue writing... or at least trying to.



3 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

I feel for you. We got a new roof a couple of years ago. I had a looming deadline and had to work with all the noise overhead. But this past winter when we actually got rain, it was more than worth the noise not to have to shroud everything in plastic garbage bags.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Glad your new roof worked out well without issues. Wish ours had! But I can deal with the noise again as long as the roof is finally fixed.

Linda Romer said...

I would love to visit someday! Thank you