Friday, August 18, 2017

Double Duty

Time is going by at a dizzying rate. I am working on the edits for ON THE HOOK. It is the first time I’m working with this editor and I have to say her comments were right on. But even though I agree with them, making the changes is always hard. Every change affects the rest of the manuscript. It is tricky to catch all the spots that need altering.

So far I have been going through a hard copy. I always intend to just read it, but I can never keep myself from writing notes on the pages saying how I want to change things. At least when I start working on the computer I should have a better idea what I want write.

I have other work for our business with a deadline closing in. I have been trying to go back and forth between the tasks, which has left me little time to do anything else. Even my crocheting is working on the project for the book.

On one hand I long to be done with feeling anxious if I’m not working on my manuscript or the work task, but at the same time I am excited at the challenge of working to the end of both of them.

I was shocked to realize that the summer is almost over and that the kids have already gone back to school. The Halloween candy is out at Costco and any day they’ll start adding the Christmas stuff.

I am starting to get that anxious feeling that my other tasks are not getting worked on while I’m writing this. So, I guess that’s it for now.

2 comments:

Linda Osborn said...

Multi tasking is such fun ! You are a busy lady, but your work never suffers !

Linda O. Johnston said...

Busy! I'm sure you'll accomplish everything you need or want to do, despite your anxiety. Or maybe because of it!