Monday, August 14, 2017

Pulled Pork Sliders

This past week has been a blur of working late and dinner on my own. My husband is moving into new office space and spent several weekday nights prepping and painting the walls. We had dinner to go from Olive Garden Saturday night, with leftovers for Sunday lunch.

August in Florida means the weather has been iffy, with a lot of late-afternoon thunder storms. We haven't had pulled pork sliders in a while, so I thought having a lighter dinner after a big lunch would be good. This goes together fast when you use pulled pork that is already prepared; if you have leftover pork, shred it and heat it up with barbeque sauce. It's delicious either way.

Pulled Pork Sliders

2 4-pack packages of Original Hawaiian sweet rolls, cut in half and toasted
1 1 pound package of pulled pork
1 or 2 slices of Swiss cheese, cut into roll-sized pieces (optional)
Bread and butter pickles, patted dry

Heat pulled pork according to directions (I bought a brand that was fully cooked and just needed re-heating; check package directions to make sure yours doesn't need to be cooked through). Slice rolls in half and toast.

Put a piece or two of Swiss cheese on the bottom roll, add pulled pork, and top with bread and butter pickles. Pop the top roll on, and presto! You've got dinner.

I served them with mini sweet potato puffs, baked in the oven to cook. I put the rolls on the same pan for the last few minutes of their baking time, put the broiler on low, and toasted the rolls that way. I had two sliders (cheese) and my husband had four (no cheese). I've also served these with potato chips and cole slaw.


When the weather is hot and you don't want to heat the kitchen up, pulled pork sliders are an easy dinner to make.

No comments: