Thursday, September 7, 2017

St. Maarten Memories

I had planned on writing a different post for today but my mind keeps drifting to St Maarten and the devastation that Hurricane Irma caused. Seeing the pictures and videos of Irma pounding away at the island was heart breaking. My husband and I went on our first cruise in 2010 and fell in love with that style of vacationing and also with the Caribbean Islands. The blue waters. The soft sand. A peace and calmness fell over me and I felt totally relaxed. The people are warm and inviting. I've always wanted to take a trip where we could just stay on one of the islands for a week.

I took some time today to look at our scrapbook of our first cruise, and then the pictures of our most recent cruise (2015) when we took another Eastern Caribbean Cruise and visited St Maarten again. This has been a hard post for me to write (and it's even short). I just find myself not quite knowing what to say and just feeling sad for all that was lost and changed because of the hurricane.

Here are some pictures of I have (some scrapbooked, others not) of St Maarten:











1 comment:

Linda O. Johnston said...

It's been a long time since I visited St. Maarten, but I've been wearing the T-shirt I bought there that says St. Maarten Animal Welfare. I feel so sorry for all the people who've suffered losses there--and it's so hard to think about what must be happening to the animals, too.