Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Busy Holiday Season



All holiday seasons tend to be busy, but this year mine seems particularly full of things on the same day.

For example, this Saturday I'll be on a panel--Women Who Murder... Again--at the Woman's Club of Hollywood in the morning and early afternoon.  I'll be speaking with some other local mystery writers, and the last time I was on the Women Who Murder panel there I really enjoyed it and expect to enjoy this one, too.

That evening, I go to an organ recital at the Nethercutt, an amazing museum in Sylmar, north of Los Angeles, founded and funded by the Merle Norman cosmetics family.  It mostly contains wonderful antique cars and mechanical musical instruments.  They periodically have evening events such as silent movies and these recitals, both featuring musicians skilled in playing antique organs.  I was there for one of the silent movie presentations for Halloween this year, too.

Then, on Sunday, I have two conflicting events.  One is a luncheon for the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club of Southern California, and the other is a joint party between the local chapters of Mystery Writers of America and Sisters in Crime.  The timing is such that I'll get to go to the Cavalier luncheon just to say hi, then hurry off to the other party.  Busy day!

The following weekend, I'll be at the Glendale Reads Author Festival at the Glendale Library early on Saturday, and will attend a friend's party in the evening.  Sunday is the Los Angeles Romance Authors meeting at the Ripped Bodice, the world's only romance bookstore--and I'll also be at an online holiday party that afternoon on Facebook.

That Wednesday I had to make a decision whether to attend a lunch for a local authors' group I belong to or the holiday party for the alumni association of people who used to work for Union Oil Company.  Hard decision, but I chose the Unocal Alumni event.


And in the middle of all this--yes, I'll still be writing!

1 comment:

Betty Hechtman said...

It sounds like you have a lot of interesting event going on. Have fun!