Thursday, November 9, 2017

Page Kit--Stage Three: It's All About Embellishing

This week is stage three of my page kit process--embellishing the layout. The first step of stage there is to place the pictures on paper in the spot where I plan to adhere them down, sometimes I crop the photos and other times I just place them down and wait until I'm putting the page together to do any cropping.



After I have a few pages laid out on my table, I take out my embellishments and start matching them to the pages. This was easy to do as I have one theme I'm working on so I don't have to peruse all the stickers, ribbons, and Washi tape I own. I also write down any titles and die cuts (aka cuts) I'd like to make on my cutting machine. If there are any cuts I'd like to make, I check to see if I have any SVG files that will work for the page and if not check on the Cricut and Silhouette store for possible designs.


Sometimes it can take me a few tries before I find embellishments (and the placement) that I like. I'd like a little more on the beach page with the ribbons, and I'm even questioning that decision, but I decided to leave it for now (Have to pack for the crop retreat. I'm leaving tomorrow morning!). I'm sure I'll get inspired this weekend and if not, I have enough kits prepared I can skip that layout and move onto the next. The top layout I plan on using the orangeish pattern paper to create a border that will complement the design on the other side. If I really like I have created the layout, and I don't have the time to glue everything down, I take a picture of the page so I can recreate it at the crop.




 Next week, I hope to have these layouts completed to share the finished projects.


No comments: