Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Travel and Techiness



I wasn’t in town last week when my post ran on Killer Hobbies.  I took a trip both to visit my wonderful family in Indiana and to spend a little time in New York City.  There, I had the opportunity to have a delightful lunch with one of my editors, and to attend a shareholders’ conference that I’ve gone to for quite a few years, not always to hear the heads of the companies who describe what they do and why it’s good to invest in them, but also because there is fantastic, surprise entertainment at lunch and after the main meeting.  This year, I got to hear Idina Menzel at lunch, and Tim McGraw and Faith Hill as the main entertainment.

All fun!  And then I got home, got to work—and had my main computer quit on me the next afternoon.  I wrote a draft of this post on a small computer I also own that has issues, including a newer version of Word I’m not used to.  But I’m working on it!

And then my regular computer came back to life.  It was a fairly simple problem to fix, as it turned out--but I needed some guidance to do it.   It still involved a small bit of techiness, but at least if it happens again I'll have it nailed.

Which is a good thing.  I need to continue delving into my current work in progress since I have a lot more drafting and editing to do on my next, and last, Harlequin Nocturne.


I hope that whatever you're working on this week works out well, with no glitches!  

2 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

I know what you mean about working on different versions of Word. I think there are three different versions on the computers that I work on. I have finally gotten used to how different it is on my Mac, though at first I had to keep notes on how to do common things like navigate around a manuscript.

Glad your computer came back to life. I'm sure it was a relief.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Someday I'll have to take lessons, I suppose, and become more up-to-date. Not looking forward to it!