Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Addendum

I must have been half asleep when I wrote my post this morning, because I forgot this:

Some years back, the mystery convention Magna cum Murder had a contest: Write a radio mystery! The winner would be performed and broadcast live on a local radio station. The contest ran several years, and one year I entered - and won! I wrote "The Corpse in Fibber McGee's Closet." Fibber McGee and Molly was a very popular radio show back in the thirties and forties (and fifties?), and one feature was a hall closet people were warned never to open. But about every fourth show, someone would open it, and things would pour out of that closet for about two minutes. Hilarious!  Since I was writing a mystery, I put a corpse among the other detritus that fell out on my version of the show.  Upshot: a local radio host has gotten hold of a recording of that show and will rebroadcast it on Sunday, February 25, at 9:30 local time on KFAI FM 106.7 on your radio dial. You can also listen to it on their web site. Look for it at KFAI.org. If you connect and hear it, let me know.

2 comments:

Linda Osborn said...

When will your next book come out ? I believe it is the end of Betsy's series, with a visit from her ex...I always enjoy your books !

Betty Hechtman said...

How exciting that it is being broadcast!