Thursday, March 22, 2018

Crafting Away --Pooh and Friends

I have a crop coming up the first full weekend in April (5-8) and the theme for the weekend retreat is Once Upon a Time Storybook. Usually, I don't decorate my table (or myself) to match the theme but decided this year to give it a go. I choose Winnie the Pooh as I had a costume in mind, most of the required pieces I own and only need to make two items. Then there was the fact that I could make use my Pooh Cricut cartridge to create some characters.

At this crop, I'll have 2 tables (one cropping, one for my books) the theme for one will be scrapbooking mysteries and the other Winnie the Pooh. My first big decision was deciding on the main size for the characters I thought about going "big" but didn't want to just toss the die cuts away or have no real use for them so I went with six inches, big enough for them to be seen at my table but not so large they wouldn't later fit on a scrapbook page.

Today I've taking a break from writing to work on my decorations (the crazy weather also sets off my migraine and while I can craft with a lingering headache...writing not so much). I have a five of them done and still need to make Kanga, Roo, Owl, Eeyore, and of course Rabbit. I've looked in my designs and don't see one for Christopher Robin so unfortunately he'll be left out.

1 comment:

Linda O. Johnston said...

How fun--Winnie the Pooh!