Thursday, March 8, 2018

March is National Craft Month

In my plans was to create a fantastic blog post about National Craft Month but I'm finding today that the stuffiness in my head from a cold is affecting my brain. National Craft month was started in 1994 by the Craft and Hobby Association (CHA) to encourage people to try their hand and crating and experience some of it's many benefits, including lowering stress levels.

Over the years, I've tried many types of crafts (in the early 90s: decorating teddy bears, cross stitching, latch hook, and later started card making, scrapbooking, sewing, paper/vinyl crafting, and crocheting). Some of the crafts I no longer do and wish I could find the pictures of my earlier creations so I can create a crafting through my life scrapbook.

Right now, my crafting time is taken with crocheting, scrapbooking and vinyl designs. Here are some pictures of a few of my recent projects:

A layout for the anniversary album using a Lilly Pad Pages layout kit.

Decorated my Cricut with vinyl

Merboy tail. I had a request from a little guy for a boy tail as I had made his sister one (of course that meant he needed one of his own).

No comments: