Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Miscellaneous and Catch-up




My post last week, about my trip to Las Vegas, was more exciting than this one will be.  Yes, I've been playing catch-up, since, although I did get in some writing while traveling, I still have more to do.

So, this week I've been working on the rough first draft of the fifth Barkery & Biscuits Mystery.  I've also been plotting a possible harder-boiled romantic suspense story than I've been writing recently. 

Also, my birthday was last week and this was the first year I've put the date on Facebook.  I found it fun to see how many of my FB friends responded by wishing me a happy birthday, some with cute cards including a few with Cavalier King Charles Spaniels on them.  Will I leave the date up for next year?  Haven't decided yet.

I've been going to stores to check out which ones have copies of my March release, Second Chance Soldier, the first in my K-9 Ranch Rescue miniseries for Harlequin Romantic Suspense.  Because of the number of Harlequin series there are, I've generally only found one copy but that doesn't preclude me from leaving bookmarks to at least let potential readers know about the story.

I've also been preparing for an upcoming family visit which will include my grandsons here, not for long but it'll be fun to see them.

And then my young dog Cari graduated from her dog obedience class, not with a particularly high score for her graduation test but she made it and so did we.  Now we'll still encourage her to obey but as always figure we'll obey her even more.  She and my older dog Mystie do give a lot of orders such as demands to go out, and I can't exactly ignore them.

1 comment:

Betty Hechtman said...

Our birthdays must be close together. Mine is on Sunday. A belated happy birthday to you. I had mine on Facebook, but took it off as feel uneasy about giving too much info out. And after all that's come out recently, even more uneasy.

I hope you enjoy your grandson's visit. It is always a treat when I see mine.