Friday, November 16, 2018

A Late Entry

I completely forgot about my blog until I read a post on Facebook from an old friend.  It was quite long  and ended up being about a book of poetry he'd put up on Amazon.  After reading it, I thought it would make an excellent blog post to promote his book.  Then suddenly it sunk in that it was Friday morning and I hadn't written my blog post.

I had planned Thursday to be a day to catch up.  I wanted to go to my knit and crochet group in the morning and I was going to bake a birthday cake for my husband (his birthday is today) and I was going to finally finish the synopsis I've been working on.

But then....

People have all different ways of dealing with stress.  For my son it's a trip to Disneyland.  It's not a bad plan.  You get exercise and an escape from the everyday world with no negative side effects. We have season passes and go there a lot.  The plan was we were going to go on Tuesday to see all the holiday  lights and decorations, but when we were finally ready to go, it would have put us in the heart of bad traffic and taken 2 hours to get there.

He had a meeting in Pasadena yesterday and he decided we could go after the meeting.  While he talked with his clients, I did work on the synopsis and actually just need to type in the changes.  But then it was off to Fantasy Land, Adventure Land, Tomorrow Land, etc.

 Even after all these years of living out here I am a dunce about the freeways.  Luckily he isn't.  I'm always reading the freeway signs and thinking "oh, so this is where Whittier is."  The only way I could orient myself was when I had had a view of downtown L.A. in the far distance.  It was just tiny tall buildings sticking up on the horizon.

And then we were there.  The holiday music was playing.  The creepy purple lights in the trees in California Adventure had been swapped out for tiny white lights and other trees had jars filled with strings of colorful lights.  The giant Christmas tree was up in Disneyland and the façade of It's a Small World was done up in colorful lights.

I have to admit that by 10 pm I was dragging.  But then I'd left my house at 9:30 am.  I nursed a cup of coffee on the patio of the Jolly Holiday coffee place and he went off to go on rides.  The patio was empty except for me and a Chevy Chase look a like, or maybe it was really him. 

I was surprised when I looked at my watch and realized it was almost 2 am when I got home.  The get away had worked and I'd forgotten about everything including my blog until now.  So there it is.

1 comment:

Linda O. Johnston said...

What a busy and long day! It's no wonder that you were a little late with your blog. But it definitely was an enjoyable post!