Friday, December 7, 2018

December 7, 2018


This has been a crazy week. The BookBub promotion for INHERIT THE WOOL was last weekend. It was very exciting to see that I was number one on Amazon in Craft and Hobbies Mysteries.

Then Tuesday HOOKS CAN BE DECEIVING, the thirteenth Crochet Mystery, came out. I’d already gotten two really nice reviews from Kirkus and Publisher’s Weekly. I celebrated my new release by going to the Enchanted Forest at Descano Gardens. It truly lives up to it’s name. It was the first time my almost two-year-old grandson went. He loved it. There were lights he could jump on making them change. He did a lot of running and conked out in the car when we were barely out of the parking lot. The ride home from there is magical, too. There are dark empty mountains and peek a boo views of downtown L.A.


About the same time I heard that the e-book of the twelfth Crochet Mystery is on a special deal all month on Amazon with the amazing price of $1.99.


And I thought of great idea, or at least I think so, for another series. Just a hint there would be yarn and quirky characters and of course some dead bodies. Now to write it down.

Winter hit L.A. with a vengeance and it got cold (for here) and poured. I suppose it was good training because I’m heading to Chicago. There’s stuff I have to take care of and I’m going to meet a friend for lunch under the Christmas Tree in what used to be Marshall Field’s. Lots of memories there. When I was in college I worked in the toy department at Christmas. It was a lot different then. I remember we had to wear dark colored dresses and nothing sleeveless. I loved the toy department. I sold science toys.

The holidays have snuck up on me as usual. I have to think holiday cards and gifts before it’s too late. And to think I’d planned to make gifts this year. Maybe if I start right after new years I’ll be ready for next year.

1 comment:

Linda O. Johnston said...

What great promotions for your books! And yes, the weather here in LA is finally winterish for here. Have fun in colder Chicago!