Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Meow?


Good news from my doctor: I don’t have diabetes anymore.  Blood tests prove it, she declared.  I’m delighted – but wary.  I’ve been taking Metformin for years, and have credited it for my low blood sugar levels.  So I’m laying off the Metformin for a week, then testing my blood to see if it’s still within safe levels.  Meanwhile, tentatively, hurrah!

I’ve been buying t-shirts with snarky or funny or witty things printed on them for Christmas gifts.  I like: If All Is Not Lost – Where Is It?  And: If We Get Caught, You’re Deaf And I Can’t Speak English.  And: I Can Explain It To You, But I Can’t Understand It For You.  I’m buying each one based on the personality of the person, and it’s great fun to find one that fits exactly.  I just found a new one:  What Part of MEOW Don’t You Understand?

I've been writing less and less about composition.  Perhaps I should withdraw from this blog?

4 comments:

Dee W said...

We have been friends for a long time. Not all of life is writing, it makes it seem like friends, not writer/reader. This is a form of writing, just more personal. Keep it up! I enjoy it. I know Goddy will have a great wedding, we will just have to imagine our own scenario.
Take care,

Linda O. Johnston said...

Congrats on getting past diabetes! And I enjoy fun shirts, too--although mine mostly involve dogs.

Ellen said...

I saw a t-shirt the other day:

The past, present, and future walked into a bar.
It was tense.

Betty Hechtman said...

What a wonderful gift idea. The Tee shirts are fun and selected with the person in mind. Great news about your diabetes. Don't leave the blog. It is always interesting to hear what you're up to.