Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Few Words

I was shocked to realize it was October. The weather has been so warm here, somewhere in my mind I was still thinking summer. But with the new month came cooler weather. For the first time in a long time, last night when I walked the dog I needed a little jacket. The shorter days have snuck up on me, too.

The thing about the future is that it has the habit of eventually becoming the present. Bouchercon seemed to long away and when I finally looked at a calender, I realized It's less than two weeks a way.

I guess time is on my mind because my December 1 deadline for book 5 is looming bigger and bigger. The pages are piling up, but I still have a long way to go.

I think that's all I have to say for this week.

2 comments:

Linda O. Johnston said...

October already? Isn't it amazing how fast this year is going? I only realized it when I had to change the timers on some of my lights to account for those shorter days.

Betty Hechtman said...

Good point about changing timmers, Linda. I should do that too.