Sunday, December 26, 2010
What Makes You Happy?
Each New Year's Day many of us make resolutions, promises we can't keep. We concentrate on what we "should" be doing, rather than what we want to do. So this year, I'm making happiness a priority. Life is short. Seems to me that to live without joy is to waste this wonderful, but fleeting opportunity.
I plan to start the New Year by making a "Happy Me" list. Here are a few of the things that make me happy:
1. Scented candles. Especially those by the Yankee Candle Company.
2. Lattes. I bought a simple latte machine, and I plan to make myself a coffee confection each morning.
3. Dancing. Zumba and bellydancing here I come!
4. Walks on the beach. That's an easy one. The photo above is taken from my front deck. My house is less than 60 feet from the Atlantic Ocean.
5. More "no" and more "yes." My son calls obligations "traps." Too often I say, "Yes," when I should say, "No, sorry that won't work for me."
6. Thymes Gold Leaf. My favorite personal fragrance.
7. New underwear. (Enough said.)
8. More crockpot meals. Easy to make and healthy.
9. More time for crafting.
10. Paint. I recently painted my laundry room a beautiful periwinkle. It's so fabulous that it makes me happy every time I walk in!
11. Road trips. I love them!
12. More glasses of wine while enjoying the view. I need to take time to smell the salt breezes.
How about you? What's on your happiness list? Happy New Year!