Thursday, December 22, 2011

Ho Ho Ho

I had planned on showing you all the Christmas gifts I've been making. I have been sewing up a storm for the last couple of weeks. However, I traveled to Boulder for Christmas and left the laptop with the pictures behind. So that'll be next week's post. Probably a better idea anyway, so I don't spoil any surprises.

Instead, I'm watching snow fall. Its the best kind of snow - the kind that didn't start falling unitl we were home from the airport. The kind that coats the aspens like trees in a story book. The kind that blocks out all noise, making the world seem peaceful and serene.

I've lived most of my life in places where winter meant snow. i have played in it, skied on it, made snowballs with it, made snow angels, shoveled it and had it melt into my boots. Now after fifteen winters without the white stuff, I can appreciate the lightly falling flakes again. That could be because the forecast is for sunny weather for the rest of my stay.

For now, I'll stay inside and pretend I'm on the inside of a snow globe.

Happy Holidays!

6 comments:

Linda O. Johnston said...

Sounds beautiful, Terri. I sometimes miss looking at snow closeup--but don't ever miss having to go somewhere when snow is falling!

Linda O. Johnston said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monica Ferris said...

We won have snow for Christmas here in the Twin Cities. I was surprised to learn that our white Christmas rate was only 72 percent. I would have thought it higher than that. I, too, love the snow that clings to branches and falls so thickly that it muffles sound - unless I have to drive any distance in it.

Monica Ferris said...

We won have snow for Christmas here in the Twin Cities. I was surprised to learn that our white Christmas rate was only 72 percent. I would have thought it higher than that. I, too, love the snow that clings to branches and falls so thickly that it muffles sound - unless I have to drive any distance in it.

Terri Thayer said...

It is very pretty. I've taken pics on my IPad but can't figure out how to get them to here! We have more than a foot of snow. We'll be baking cookies!

Betty Hechtman said...

It sounds beautiful. There is nothing quite as magic as snow when you've been living away from it for years. I think the magic ends when you have to figure out how to get your car out of it, or you have to pull your shopping cart down the street through it on the way to the grocery store.

I love the being inside a snow globe description!