Saturday, April 7, 2012

Natural Remedy of the Week: Water

I keep a glass of water handy throughout the day, especially when I’m writing. Why? Not enough water, or mild dehydration makes me feel grouchy, tired and unfocused. As I've said before, drinking cold water is also a natural energy booster. We also need water to help transport nutrients like protein, carbohydrates and fats to bodily tissues via the bloodstream, to help get rid of waste, regulate temperature and prevent disease.

A typical adult’s body is made up of 50 to 70 percent water. So, most healthy adults need between six and eight medium glasses of fluid a day. “But,” says Jacob Teitelbaum, MD, my co-author on Beat Sugar Addiction Now! “Instead of counting glasses of water, just keep a good quality water around all day long. Periodically, check in with your mouth. If it’s dry or you feel thirsty, drink.” Tap, spring and mineral water are all good ways to hydrate.

You can also add to your water intake by eating certain foods. An apple contains 84% water, an orange 87% and an avocado 81%. Vegetables are even better. A tomato contains about 97% water, broccoli 91%, cabbage 93%, and lettuce 96%. You learn more about water at www.watercure.com.

You can learn more about Death Drops: A Natural Remedies Mystery and natural remedies at www.chrystlefiedler.com!

What's your favorite water or water based food?

3 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

Water is the best drink! Since I stopped drinking diet soda, it has become my drink of choice at a restaurant. And so much less expensive, too.

Chrystle Fiedler said...

Yes, it is. My Brita filter just ran out and I've been buying bottled water (hate the plastic waste) and it tastes 100% better. Thanks for sharing Betty!

Linda O. Johnston said...

I definitely enjoy drinking water, too, Chrystle, from a glass, a bottle, whatever. And I always order water as my drink at restaurants--except at breakfast, when it's coffee.