Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Facebook Timeline

All right.  It’s happened. 

Facebook has warned me that my home page is about to become a timeline, like so many others I’ve seen.

I’ve looked at its preview but I haven’t gotten to know it intimately.  Not sure whether I like it--at least so far. 

I do like Facebook in general, though.  It’s a surprisingly helpful way to keep up with what friends, relatives and business acquaintances are doing.  Plus, they can keep up with me.

But I’m an admitted non-techie.   I try to use stuff I think will be helpful to me personally or professionally or both, and so far Facebook has worked out well.

The page seems busier now, keeping some of my older stuff more accessible, so that might be helpful.  I guess that remains to be seen.

I’ve been checking out my friends and likes, which usually have something to do with writing and animals, especially dogs, when they’re not family oriented.  It’s fun to get that kind of info.

Yet I’m not sure what the new timeline format will do for me.  Or against me. 

Does anyone have any suggestions?

6 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

I'm probably going to get a similar message. I keep seeing things about timeline and have avoided dealing with it. I am expecting some kind of trouble. Facebook can't seem to let anything alone.

Linda O. Johnston said...

I'd hoped they had forgotten about me, Betty, but no such luck.

Camille Minichino said...

Shhhhhh. They haven't found me yet! I like the simple old style and I'm hoping they'll hear all the complaints and go back to it for everyone.

Linda O. Johnston said...

I agree with you, Camille--and hope they don't find you if they don't go back to the old style.

Charmaine said...

been using the timeline for more than 2 months now and I still dont like it. Chaotic, I'd have to say. The only best part of it is having larger thumbnail views of the photo.. and that's all. I wish they'd revert back the one old :| or just come up with something more organized.

Linda O. Johnston said...

So it doesn't get better with passage of time, Charmaine? (Sigh.) I wish they'd do a poll about how many people like it versus those who don't.