Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Writing About Writing


Killer Hobbies is the only blog I write for consistently, but I do occasional “appearances” at other blogs, too. 

In addition, I write now and then for online magazines, mostly stuff that is meaningful to me or has something to do with my writing. 

For example, I sometimes write articles for American Pet Magazine.  That’s how I learned that this week is National Dog Week, since that was a topic suggested for an article.  I researched it and couldn’t resist writing about it! 

I’m in the process of writing another article for American Pet Magazine --this time on another celebration, National Animal Shelter Awareness Week.  I hadn’t heard of it, either, until it became a topic again suggested by the magazine’s editor.  It occurs in November, and since I write Pet Rescue Mysteries and volunteer at a pet shelter, I again had to start researching... and I should finish the article soon.   

I also have an article appearing in the second issue on law-related matters for Mystery Lovers Journal.  My article is about going Lawless--which is me, since I’m now a full-time writer and not currently practicing law. 

Oh, and I did write a blog about my reading and writing for the Savvy Authors blog, in preparation for the online course I’m teaching next month that I blogged about last week, on Blending Romance and Suspense. 

Is that all of them?  Not really, but they’re on my mind right now since they’re the most recent. 

 I enjoy writing.  I enjoy writing about writing.  I enjoy writing about... well, you get it. 

 How about you?  What do you like to write?  What do you like to read?  Which of those is online? 

And... Happy National Dog Week to all of you and your dogs!

4 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

It is great how you can write in different genres and magazines as well.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Thanks, Betty. And I've written contracts, another form of fiction!

Janie Emaus said...

Happy National Dog week to all you dog owners out there!

Linda O. Johnston said...

Thanks, Janie!