* 7 yards of black ribbon
* 5 sheets of 12 x 12 inch black paper (must be black on both sides)
* Halloween themed rubber stamps and colored pencils
* packing tape
* various sheets of Halloween themed patterned paper and matching solids
1. Cut the black paper into 6 x 6 inch squares. (I rounded the corners.) You will use 18 squares.
2. Cut the ribbon into twelve pieces each measuring 18 inches long.
3. Arrange nine black squares so that you have three across and three down with a gap of one inch around each square. (Think of a tic-tac-toe board, but with a gutter or margin of one inch around the tic-tac-toe boxes.)
Now we will join the squares together:
4. Position ribbon so that you have two 18 inch strands going down each row (top to bottom). Tape ribbon to the squares. (This will take six strands of ribbon.)
5. Position ribbon so that you have two 18 inch strands going across each row (left to right). Tape ribbon to squares.
Now we make a sandwich by putting a second black square on top of each of the first nine squares and gluing the two squares together--with a ribbon filling.
6. Decorate your squares as desired with your Halloween rubber stamps and paper. (Tip: At this point, you might want to fold up your squares so you can decide which one will be your front cover and which one will be the back cover. I suggest you put a sticky note on the front and back as a reminder to decorate them accordingly.)
7. Once your squares are decorated, fold them up once more. Now use the remaining ribbon to tie around the package of squares and hold your album closed.
One lucky commenter will win a copy of
~ LAST WEEK'S WINNER ~
Scrapping B wins a decorated piece of driftwood. Scrapping B, you need to send me an email at JoannaSlan@aol.com with your postal address!