Wednesday, October 3, 2012

More Events

I used to think writing was just about writing.  And, hopefully, selling. 

But I’m sure you know from the blogs I’ve been writing lately that now I know there’s a lot more to it.  Including getting involved with things that start out as research but become important in your life. 

 For one thing, I still volunteer at Pet Orphans of Southern California as a Dog Adoption Counselor.  I’m usually there for a few hours once a week.  This week, I got to introduce a lady to the dog she had fallen in love with via the photo on the Pet Orphans website.  Sure enough, she loved the dog in person, too.   I spent a lot of my volunteer time that day with them as they got to know each other.  I smiled a lot!  About a day later, on that same website, I saw a picture that showed she had come back with her husband and adopted that sweet, smart, calm dog.

This past weekend, on Saturday, I attended the Cerritos Library Romance Tea that I’d blogged about before.  Fun!  Not a writing day, but I got to talk about my writing, mostly my romances.

 And then on Sunday I attended the West Hollywood Book Fair, signing at the Sisters in Crime booth in the morning and helping to staff the Mystery Writers of America booth in the afternoon.  Okay, that was fun, too, but it was also exhausting, thanks to the unyielding heat that day.  It’s still hot in L.A., but supposed to ease up later this week.  Needless to say, I was too tired to write when I got home.

But now, I’m back to writing.  And editing.  And planning for the next stuff related to writing that’s going on in my life.

What’s next?  Well, there’s that class I mentioned before, from October 22 - November 18 at the Savvy Authors website, on Blending Romance and Suspense: Putting Suspense Into Your Romance Novel and Romance Into Your Mystery.

And then, on October 20, I’ll be at the Mystery Writers Luncheon at the Long Beach branch of AAUW (The American Association of University Women).

Followed by online activities for both my Harlequin Nocturnes and my Berkley Prime Crime Mysteries.

Followed by a talk at the Ojai Library on November 3.

And--oh, yeah.  In between all of that I have a November 1 deadline for a Nocturne plus a new Pet Rescue Mystery to write...

Okay, I’m not whining.  And I hope you’re not getting tired of hearing about all the stuff going on around me.  It helps me to organize and plan for it by writing about it here.

Anything exciting you’re looking forward to??  Oh, and hey, if you’re tired of me talking about all that’s going on with me, let me know. 

No comments: