Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Last Christmas riddle: What do you call people who are afraid of Santa?

Well, here it is Christmas morning and all is very well. It's bitter cold outside – eight degrees – with snow on the ground. We went to a gathering of my husband's family last evening and had a super time. We're all adults now and all employed, except those who are comfortably retired. One nephew announced his engagement to a very pretty young woman – about time, too – so that was nice. Maybe next year there will be a baby present to start the cycle all over again.

In about an hour I'll get dressed and head off to church. I missed yesterday's Christmas Eve services for the gathering. I'll wear my special Christmas hat, which looks kind of like a cross between a Christmas pageant angel's halo and a Brillo pad, a golden mass of wires shaped like a fat doughnut with here and there a rhinestone. Too spectacular to wear on ordinary Sundays or even book signings, it sleeps in a hatbox 364 days a year. But it's fun to wear on that one special day.

Oops, here it is going on two in the afternoon, and this is not posted. I am replete with a mushroom and ham omelet, taking a break from knitting while watching Alistair Sim transforming Scrooge from a wicked miser to a sweet old man. Attached to this is a photo of me about to set off for church in my special Christmas hat.  The hat looks great, but I think I need a facelift.

Based on my synopsis and first chapter, Berkley has bought A Drowning Spool, so I'm on my way to another adventure with Betsy Devonshire. Life is good.

My Christmas wish for all of you is that you have a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2013!  God bless us every one!

Answer to riddle: Claustrophobic!

2 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

What a great hat! Congrats on the ok for the Drowning Pool.

Christine Thresh said...

Wow! What a hat. I just finished reading And then you Dye. I enjoyed it. It was my Christmas present to myself.
Happy new year to you.